Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Name is Alice -- What Difference Does It Make?

I was at a party last night, when people asked me my name I said, "Alice." I swear, once that little "iss" sound was made, half the girls at the party flipped.

"Oh my god! Just like Alice Cullen!"

OK, my name has always been Alice. It has been Alice thirteen years before Twilight was originally published. No one seemed to notice the awesomeness of my name because of Alice in Wonderland except old literaturephiles. But now, my name is getting recongition because of this lame series known as Twilight.

Look, next time you hear my name, or someone else says that their name is Alice, don't get all excited and say something stupid, "Just like Alice Cullen!" All the Alices in the world are sick of it. Give us a break. Alice Cullen is nonexistant. Alice Liddell was. Give us credit for her, not some random vampire.

MY NAME IS ALICE.
I AM ALICE.
AND NO, IT IS NOT "JUST LIKE ALICE CULLEN"
IT IS JUST LIKE ME: ALICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, comment please!
I enjoy praise, everyone does.
So comment. Or else. :]